Thursday, August 13, 2009

INVISIBL SKRATCH PIKLZ !




Nice !

VERY nice, I missed out on PickleFest 2008. NOT SO THIS YEAR !



After being held HOSTAGE by what I deem CALGARY PRICING @ $9.50/5lb sack o cukes @ The Jungle Farm, I relented after my local MEGA MART BURNT ME, not ONCE but TWICE by receiving SUB PAR CUKES. So, back to The Jungle Farm I went on bended knee and sobbed my way into 20lbs...and two BALES o DILL ! NO JOKE, peeps, the HUTTERITES r phonin the Farm, HARD TIMES I say...


Aiiight, its GO TIME, ah'd like to once again thank Deaner's Ma Clara for providing INTENSE PICKLE PLEASURE the likes of which me own Ma could not JAR in the form of a STOUT BRINE whose recipe I STILL REFER to as GOSPEL. Altho, Ma did find out an inneresting factoid she passed along, the only vinegar worth using is PREZNITS CHOICE NATURAL VINEGAR, can't miss it BIG GREEN LABEL and all. Will advise results...

Also new for 2009, SPEARS o INFLUENCE pickle recipe ( thanks Danielle ! ) which in addition to the standard brine contains, in my case, per 1litre jar, 1/2tsp fresh gnd toasted cumin, 1/2tsp lime zest, and the jus of 1/2 a lime, AH CAN'T WAIT ! Danielle's were SUBLIME and VELVETY, I think due to her use of HAWAIIAN PINK SEA SALT !! While part of me shits out egg rolls for using, like, $16 / lb sel, but she was FLUSH with it as she used to host one of THOSE types of soirees....

And, back for more INTENSE ANAL BLEEDING, I've DOUBLED the tabasco to 2tsp / 1 litre jar in a few jars, will advise results whether u like it or NOT !

Oh yeah, Cecil, its yr FAULT Ima doon pickled carrots this year, CHRIST are yrs FINE Sir !

K, all for now, DIY toasty coffee beaners and Nan King Jelly are on DECK !

No comments:

Post a Comment